The cost of a funeral is made up of the following:
Funeral director’s fees are fees are charged by the funeral director for the following services:
- Professional Service Fee – this includes use of hearse on the day of funeral, staff member to attend the family residence to arrange funeral, staff present on the day of funeral, liaising with cemeteries, crematorium, hospital, clergy and newspapers.
- Transfer of your loved one into our care – from hospital, coroner, nursing home or residential address.
- Coffins – you may choose from a selection of coffins or caskets with varying prices.
- Mortuary Care – dressing and preparation of your loved one.
Disbursements are costs paid on your behalf for the following services:
- Cremation fee & chapel hire at crematorium (for cremations)
- Open closing of grave at the cemetery
- Press notices
- Clergy offerings (Priest, Celebrant)
- Application to the Registrar of NSW Births Deaths and Marriages Death Certificate
These individual funeral costs are added together to give you one final amount.
It is a requirement by the Department of Fair Trading that all funeral costs be itemised by the funeral director either prior to, or at the time of the arrangement.
Tailored options for personal financial circumstances
All of the above funeral costs are of course negotiable, and our funeral directors can work with you to decide which aspects of the funeral you can do without, and which parts you would like to keep. At Kenneally’s funerals, we find this is the best way of ensuring the most tailored and affordable funeral for every individual.
Funeral prices vary from burial to cremation. Other factors also weigh heavily on cost including:
- Different types of selections in coffins
- Whether a personal viewing will be required
- Funeral locations.
For cremations, prices will also depend whether or not the cremation includes a service. Cremations without a service are a common choice for families seeking a memorial service rather than a funeral service.
In order for us to be able to give you the best affordable funeral or cremation, please contact us and we will be in touch as soon as possible with details.
We accept the following payment options:
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard)
- Bank Cheque
- Direct deposit into our account
Kenneally’s can also provide assistance with your funeral costs, by arrange finance for you if the funeral expenses come at an unexpected time (conditions do apply).